Stress and being married to an entrepreneur. They go together like peanut butter and jelly. (Or at our house, like sunflower seed butter and jelly. Thanks, food allergies.)
My stress seems to be at an all-time high lately. Money (or lack thereof) always seems to be the cause. When I’m really stressed, I’m not a good wife or a good mom. So it’s really important for me to manage it as best I can. Which I’m really not doing very well, but hey, I can’t be perfect at everything. (I’m kidding, by the way.)
Since you might be as stressed as I am, I thought I’d share some things that help me in my marriage to my entrepreneur.
First, here’s what I already do.
– I listen to music. I also sing. Not well, apparently, because neither one of my kids seems to like it.
– I go for a walk with my kids. We’re all happier when we’re out of the house.
– I go to the beach. I don’t go enough, though, and I really need to take advantage of living so close to the ocean.
– Eat healthy. I know that my diet plays a huge role in both my physical and mental health. If I meal plan and prep, I eat so much better. If I don’t, I eat poorly. I’ve also stopped (for the most part) eating certain types of foods and it’s made a huge difference in the way I feel.
– Exercise. Halfway through 2018, I started taking indoor cycling classes after not working out consistently for a long time. I started slowly and then added TRX and boot camp classes. I love the workouts and the people I see there. Now I feel off if I miss a class.
Finally, here are some areas where I can definitely improve.
– Read more books. I love to read but I don’t do it enough.
– Spend more time with Ryan and with my friends. Not necessarily together, but definitely without kids.
– Pray more. That’s pretty self-explanatory.
How do you manage your stress?